In 1858, the Blegdamvej prison was inaugurated. The prison replaced the “Blåtårn” (Blue Tower) by the Frederiksholm canal, which had among others been used to store disobedient dancers and actors from the Royal Theater. The prison was designed by then one of the greatest architect M. G. Bindesbøll, who was also the mastermind behind the beautiful Thorvaldsens Museum. At the time the prison was built it was comfortably outside the city boarders, but in the following years Copenhagen grew and the prison became a part of the city.
Catch Chair JH2&TraditionRec.11356 SEKvat excluded Rec.14195 SEKvat included